Thursday, September 17, 2009

Back to the Bar

Every summer I like to stain my deck. I know it probably doesn't need to be done every year but the deck is kind of special to me since my dad and I built it and without the free labor I figured it would have cost about $7,000. So I like to keep it looking nice and well maintained. Staining the deck isn't too hard, just takes a little time. The biggest problem with it is that it seems to take a week to dry. I stained it 11 days ago and I think its finally dry. Since I usually don't drink inside my house I've been going up to the bar every day. You'd I'd died or something. "Hey B to the..., where you been?" I hadn't really gone to the bar often this whole summer. I was either enjoying nice sunny weather or huddled under a waterproof canopy, all while enjoying $.40 cans of Natural Light. But now I've grown to appreciate going to the bar again, having their half price apps and socializing. I'm not sure if I can go back to just sitting outside with the puppy and some meaningless Brewers game on. I'm going to try it out tonight, bring all the furniture back up and fill up the cooler. I'm sure puppy will enjoy it.

No comments: