Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Pool Leagues

The Renter and I got sucked in to playing for the bar pool league last night. As in there weren't any other people who wanted to do it. So after work I worked out, took a shower and got up to the bar before 6:00 for their new half priced apps. The plan was I was going to eat and have two pitchers before the Renter would drive three of us to the bar where the games were supposed to be played. 7:40 - arrival. 7:45 - pitcher of beer in hand. 7:50 - find out they revised the schedule and we were supposed to play at home. The rules give you 15 minutes of leeway and with the 10 minute drive I had about 10 minutes to drink the whole pitcher. Two pitchers in me is nothing, but forcing the third one down in such a fashion is a recipe for disaster. Needless to say I borrowed $20 from a friend and I think I paid him back, I have no clue if I paid my tab, but I ended up winning all four games of pool. Go figure.

I probably should add that the other team were all women. And I had to play the very last game with the team win/loss on my shoulders.

No comments: