Friday, June 19, 2009

Summer Beverage

It was quite warm when I got home from work yesterday. I filled the cooler with beer and the puppy and I went out on the deck to chill. After looking at the cooler for a good fifteen minutes I decided that I'd rather have something different. I walked to the gas station and picked up two bottles of lemonade. Assuming I had at least a little vodka at the house I was pleasantly surprised to find an unopened 1.75 L bottle left over from last summer. The vodka and lemonade was the perfect combo given the setting. After the third one the Renter got up from her nap and came outside.

Renter: Is that all you're drinking is lemonade?

Me: No, I have the cooler filled with beer, too.

When I was almost done with the glass...

Me: I bought the expensive lemonade, supposed to be made with all natural ingredients. Wanna try it?

The Renter took a sip and promptly spit it out.

Renter: That isn't just lemonade! There's vodka in there!

Come on, seriously? Plain lemonade? Me?

No comments: