Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Sunflower Seeds

I was watching TV on Sunday when out of the corner of my eye I saw the Renter lean over the coffee table. She was spitting out something that looked like the pencils you used to chew in grade school.

Me: What is that?

Renter: Sunflower seeds. I don’t know why you like them, it takes forever to eat them. You have to chew them all up and suck the juices out.

Me: You chewed up the shells too?

Renter: Yeah, isn’t that the way you do it?

Me: Ha, ha, ha! No, you put them in your cheek, crack them open with your teeth and spit out the seed.

Renter: How was I supposed to know there was a special way to eat sunflower seeds?


I wonder if she eats a hot dog starting in the middle?


A little while later…

Renter: Huh, they taste better if you do it your way.


Wait, I shouldn’t say hot dog in front of her. She’s from Korea. Hot dog might translate to a canine that’s been nuked.

No comments: