Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Workout

I’m like a woman trying to decide on what to wear when it comes to working out. Ever since I quit the gym I’ve been up in the air with how to structure my workouts. When I was going to the gym it was pretty easy. I only had 40 minutes of actual gym time after you included the walk to and from and toweling off afterwards so I was basically forced to do one body part a day. This seemed to work fairly well for me. The only problem I’m facing now is getting motivated to work out when the Brewers and Monday Night Football and as much beer as I could possibly want are a block away. I went to the gym during my lunch time so it was either workout and check out the college girls (and the 39 yr-old) or sit at my desk and think about college girls – I rarely skipped the gym. That kind of workout lost its structure if you didn’t do it every day which is the dilemma I’m facing now. After a lot of thought this past weekend I’ve decided to try lawyer girl’s boyfriend’s workout – every body part three days a week. I don’t even know if I can do this yet with the minimal sleep I get and the countless ounces of beer that flow through my veins but I’m going to try it. Tuesdays are really slow at the bar. And while I like it when it’s a little slow Tuesdays are just too much. So that was an easy choice for a workout day. Usually by Thursday I’m just wiped out from work and my lifestyle and don’t go to the bar so that was my second choice. You should see my weekend schedule. I never have anything planned. Never. It’s awesome (oh, by the way, I found this description for awesome: A fringe sexual act where one party places their big toe in the others anus. This act might result in a blown starfish, blown o ring or ass tulip. 1. I awesomed her while she was up on blocks. Who the fuck thinks up this stuff?). Since I have the Sunday Pool Crew come over on, you guessed it, Sundays, and since I really like sticking my hand down my pants while I was TV on Sundays, Saturday was the obvious choice for day number three. Tonight’s the first day. About a month ago I tried a set up like this for one day and almost died in my basement. I actually counted up the number of sets and reps and come up with the number of pounds I had lifted (32,000 if you don’t count the shoulder shrugs, 44,000 if you do). I’ve posted a copy of what I’m going to attempt to do tonight. You can see I have eight rows going across the page. Everything in each row will be superset – row #1 will be a set of flat bench followed by a set of chins – working your way down the sheet just like you’d read a page. (Now that I’ve typed this I realize it’s impossible to do chins while the rack is set up for bench pressing – fuck!) Anyway, hopefully I can 1) actually do this workout and 2) stick to a three day a week plan. I think it’s going to be easier than planning to workout every night, have something come up, feel like shit because you didn’t work out, manage to make an excuse not to work out the next day, get even more depressed because you didn’t work out, and eventually come to the point where you justify masturbation as an actual exercise. Even though you might be panting, sweating, and tired after whacking off (at least I am), it’s not an actual exercise and certainly won’t do anything for your non-dominant arm.

No comments: