Sunday, August 05, 2007

Another Four Days Off

I’m sorry dear readers, but I’ve been a little out of it lately. Not out of it like I’m losing my mind or anything, maybe more a little bit out of the loop. And busy. And drunk.

I had last week Thursday and Friday off again. I know what you might be thinking, lazy bum and all, but I usually save my vacation time for the summers to spend some quality time on the deck when it’s nice out. Pre-home purchase I would have already had my flight and hotel booked for Cancun in the fall. Cheap hotel for sure, but I figure why spend $500 for airfare and $300 for a hotel (yes, that’s for the whole week) and get completely loaded in the warm weather and sand when I can save at least $600 and just get loaded in the warm weather on the deck. Sure, I don’t have women in bikinis in front of me (which I make passionate love to in my head), but when you haven’t had sex in as long as I have the broads really don’t do much for you. Not that I don’t like broads, but I do believe that I have lost the ability to mack as Too Short would say.

So on Thursday I endured another rough Brewer’s game. I say endured as they didn’t play that well (something like 12-4) and it was unbelievably hot in the stadium. They had the roof open and all but there was absolutely no air circulation. When I left in the ninth inning I stunk of sweat, booze, and mold. It was not a pretty sight.

Friday I pulled one of my now all too common days sitting in front of the TV. I can’t even tell you what I watched, but damn, what a waste of a day.

Saturday I cleaned. This, my friends, does not happen often. As in almost never. I was getting sick of sleeping in the living room so I moved my bed back into the still not completely painted bedroom. I did laundry that was lying on the living room floor and I cleaned all the dirty dishes in the kitchen. I was sweating like a fucking pig when I got done. Eventually I took a shower and made it up to the bar for yet another five pitcher night.

Sunday I stayed in bed till 2:30. Having my bed back in my bedroom was pretty damn nice. I mentally made out a plan for the day. Get up, lift weights, finish cleaning, write on the blog, and enjoy some succulent steaks with the Sunday steak crew. Well, I’m trying to beat off this post before the crew gets here so this may be the only task that I don’t get done (gotta love relating posting to masturbating, and in some ways I really do get off on this blog!).

As far as creativeness goes, I’m sorry but this post will far well short. Usually shit just comes to me but lately I’ve been trying maybe just a bit too hard. Yes, I’ve been trying. And I’ll try to make you laugh the next time you come back.

No comments: