Friday, July 20, 2007

More From Flirt Girl

I talked to Flirt Girl today. I don’t know if she was out of the office all week or if our cigarette breaks just didn’t match up, but I hadn’t seen her since last week.

FG: Yeah, I’m ready for a vacation.

Me: I was thinking about Fort Lauderdale.

FG: Florida?

Me: Yeah, I’ve never been there.

FG: I’ll bet it’s really hot down there. Hurricane season.

Me: You know, I can deal with the heat if I have a tank top and shorts on.

FG: That’s true.

Me: You should go with me.

FG gives me one of those looks.

Me: Or I could just take my teddy bear.

FG: Your what?

Me: My teddy bear. He likes to spoon.

FG: Well, there you go.

Me: So, is that boyfriend thing still up in the air?

FG looks off to the side and up, carefully pondering her response.

Me: Well, I guess that look pretty much answered my question.

FG: Yeah, the boyfriend thing is still up in the air.

Me: You know, if you technically don’t have a boyfriend, and I don’t have a boyfriend…

FG: We could take them to the gay bar downtown together!

Me: No, not exactly what I meant.

FG: It’s pretty different over there.

Me: I can’t say I’ve ever been there.

FG, putting out cigarette: I know what you meant. And thank you.

Me: Thank you for…?

FG: I don’t know, just thanks.


There you have it, the official way to hit on a woman and not get rejected or accepted, rather just leaving everything in limbo. God I’m good with the ladies.

No comments: