Thursday, November 02, 2006

My Gym Shoes

See these shoes?
These are what the Fab Five of Michigan wore when they won the national championship in college basketball in 1992 (Chris Webber, Jalen Rose, Juwan Howard, Jimmy King, and Ray Jackson – who I couldn’t remember and had to look up – anyway, they were all freshmen). No, these are not 14 years old, Nike brought them out of the closet and remade them two years ago. When I was a sophomore in high school I had them when they first came out only to blow the air pocket in one of them and have Nike send me a brand new pair of the newer model (which weren’t as cool as these). So even though I rolled my ankles numerous times with these shoes they were still the ones that “got away” since I couldn’t find them anywhere back then. In 2004 when they came out again I bought the red and white ones, the black and blue ones pictured here, and a second pair of the black ones that have never been worn (sitting in my closet along with these which have never been worn).
So yeah, I’m a bit of a shoe freak. Which was ok back when I played basketball every freaking day, but I haven’t touched a ball since this summer and that was just at the park five blocks from my house shooting by myself. Ok, so what brings up the shoe topic? Well, I’m wearing these to the gym today because I PEED ON/IN THE REGULAR GYM SHOES.

Roommate and I got home from the bar last night and a scuffle developed in the bathroom. I’m not exactly sure what the circumstances were, but she wouldn’t let me use the toilet, and let me tell you, I had to go. I don’t know if I panicked because I couldn’t use it or what but right then you know what started flowing. Next thing I know I’m standing in the shower fully dressed peeing in my fucking shorts. Why I didn’t unzip the fly and just let er go in the shower I don’t know, my decision making abilities might have been clouded by a little thing called alcohol (damn it, I thought you were my friend!). So I turned the shower on and soaked my shorts and shoes (second time in a week for the shoes) and left the clothes in the shower. Pretty fucking gross, eh? Not exactly one of my better moments.

But that wasn’t the only shower incident in the past 24 hours. This morning the roommate and I were in the bathroom together again. I was trying to put in my contacts and she was doing her hair or something else anal that women have to do before they leave the house. For some reason I called her a midget and she laid into me. Not expecting it at all I lost my balance and tumble into the shower taking down the shower curtain and curtain rod with me. Little busty bitch can pack a punch.

No comments: