Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Nothing On The Agenda

I got nothing for you, certainly nothing funny or even slightly entertaining.

Working at the old folks club is starting to drag on me. Five hours of sitting on a chair and walking around every once in a while watching people my parent’s age drink and dance is not fun. But then I think about the $84 I was paid on Saturday and how nice it feels in my pocket and it makes it less painful. This Saturday they actually let me out at 2:00 and I got to play pool (I suck) with the sports bar bartender so that was ok. And I had to break up a fight in the sports bar that night (even though I was already punched out, what a nice guy). Well, I don’t know if you can call it breaking up a fight, but I made sure nothing else was going to happen between them. What do you think is going to happen when you grab the guy sitting next to you by the nose? Stupid idiot.

Sunday dad and I almost finished up the deck. It was nice weather for working outside compared to the 100 degree days we had when we first started the project. Almost done, I’ll see if I can take some pictures once it’s completed.

I took this picture of the Renter sleeping on Sunday morning. I thought it was funny, all you can see are her hands. But I guess she didn’t see it that way and I am no longer allowed to take pictures of her while she’s sleeping (well, if she doesn’t know that’s ok, right?).G the hairdresser used to have the title of “Mr. Sunday Night” as he was very good at picking the Sunday night football games correctly. But I think I might have a small claim to this title. After winning $250 last Sunday I won another $200 this past Sunday. I think it’s funny how a fun game of $2 Ship Captain Crew turns into a make or break $5 game with $80 pots shifting from one side to the other (mostly coming my way). Thank you all for playing, please come again.
Oh, and there’s a conflicting story about Friday night and whether I fell on my own or the Renter tripped/pushed me down. I guess I was on the grass for a little while trying to get up.

For eight hours today I listened to Nickelback’s “I Wanna Be A Rock Stare.” After eight hours of jamming out to it I actually do think I am a rock star.

And I looked up airfare to NY for a possible trip just to go visit a bar (Third and Long). While you might think it’s silly to pay that much just to visit a bar, there will be some sight seeing if I actually do get there. Sight seeing during the day, overpriced beers at night, sounds like a good plan to me. Even funnier are the days this trip will be planned for. On Mondays and Tuesdays they have $1 taps of Bud Light. Anyone who knows me will not find this funny as they know I’m a cheap ass, but by doing this I can cut the bar bill down to $20 plus tip instead of $60 plus tip (and 20 beers each day is a conservative figure). I’m even thinking of taking my own pitcher with me as they don’t have pitchers and their bartenders are going to get pretty sick of serving me every 20 minutes.

1 comment:

Swa said...

If you are serious about making the pilgrimage to mecca (aka Third and Long), I suggest stopping by the weekend of December 17th (it's our Xmas party) and it's always a blast.

Best part: it's an open bar and closed to the public...only cool people are invited...oooh.