Friday, September 22, 2006

Volleyball/Baseball/Second Job

I got an email from a female friend today. She twisted my arm (and actually offered sex) to get me to sign up for a volleyball league with her and one of my neighbors. She emailed me the schedule this morning and the first thing I see is “Adult Competitive Volleyball.” We’re going to get killed. My 44 yr old neighbor isn’t the most athletic of individuals and the friend who signed me up has the vertical leaping ability of Jack Sikma. And what’s worse is it’s on Sunday nights, a fall volleyball league on Sunday nights. Hasn’t anyone heard of Sunday football? Or maybe everyone else watches football games without getting totally annihilated and passing out at 8:30 (oh, just heard on the radio some place has all you can drink beer during Packer games but I didn’t catch the price).

Went to the Brewers game on Thursday, first one I went to this year (free tickets!!!). We had nosebleed seats so we just looked for a spot that wasn’t crowded and spread out with our feet hanging over the chairs in front of us (they don’t build stadiums for 6’4” people, or airplanes for that matter). Got there fashionably late (end of third) and caught a pretty exciting fifth inning when the Brewers scored five runs (watching the Friday game now, end of first and they have five runs and have gone through the rotation already). It was a pretty good time and even though I’m not a huge baseball fan I’m thinking of doing it again.Oh, almost forgot, the guy who works the door at the old folks club is quitting and the manager offered the job to me (everybody loves me!). So from now on I have to be mostly sober on Saturdays as I'm supposed to work the door at 9:00. Now, you might not think that it's worth $40 to ruin a perfect weekend night, but it's not just $40. It's really more like $80 as I'll be saving the $40 I'd be spending in the sports bar. $80 times four Saturdays a month and I'm up $320 every month, sweet! Wish me luck.

The bar has been pretty quiet lately so I don’t have much for funny stories. I’m shutting the computer off right now to go get loaded. Peace.

No comments: