Thursday, July 06, 2006

No Beer, No Sleep

WHAT THE HELL?! Is this how normal people sleep? Get in bed at 11:30, toss and turn till 2:30, wake up at 5:30 and dose off an on till 8:00? What a bunch of crap. Just because I want to be a good boy for one evening and not have any alcohol, this is how I pay for it? Not to mention the funky ass dreams I was having in the 3 hours I was actually asleep. In one I was at a hotel conference for work, I was on the ground floor by the water cooler when I noticed there was water all over the floor. I figured I spilled it (I can be a klutz) and tried to clean it up when I saw a stream of water coming down from the ceiling. As I head for the door the whole ceiling bursts with water streaming from everywhere, I can barely see where I’m going. I race out the lobby door as thousands of gallons chase after me. For 30 minutes people limped out and surveyed the damages. The second dream, I was in the kindergarten room at my grade school. I’m my current age and I’m working on a project with classmates who I haven’t seen in over 10 years. And this project was stressful, we were all pulling our hairs out trying to complete a 50 page something or another, I don’t remember exactly what it was. This is weird because I rarely have dreams, usually just snore the night away in a comatose state. Almost got up at 1:00 to go to the bar for an hour, figured that might do the trick but I decided against that. So what the fuck do I do? I went for a 40 minute jog at 9:30 so I should have been tired by 11:00. And I was tired, just couldn’t get to sleep. Have I trained myself to pass out at 12:00 every night with my corner bar festivities? Anyone have any suggestions? Two days in a row of this and it’s definitely back to the beer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Water, water, everywhere and nary a drop to drink. Brad, this your hint... come to the bar and drink with Deb. Come take a bath, O Bradley, I have your rubber duckie waiting for you.