Thursday, July 06, 2006

Another Night Of Sobriety (So Far)

Thursday night I’m going to be good again (or at least try to). No bar for me, no karaoke (puke). I can’t go running two days in a row, really don’t want to sit on the stationary bike in the basement (maybe if I had a tv down there), so I picked up some cleaning supplies from the store and plan on tackling my bathroom. I haven’t really cleaned the shower in 4 months so that is the evening project. Little Comet, couple scouring pads, little elbow grease and I should be looking at a spotless shower. But then again I am a guy, if it looks better than it does now I’ll be happy. At least it should keep me occupied. If I have time left over I hope to crack open the CPA study guide (oh, who am I kidding). All this brings me to a new question. Why am I torturing myself by staying away from the bar for these two days when I know Friday is right around the corner and I’ll be back to my usual ways? Am I really trying to punish myself for the 16 gallon beer weekend I had? Am I actually trying to help my body by taking two days off? Or am I testing myself to see if I can stay home on the week nights and maybe get something accomplished at home (besides writing these hopefully entertaining entries)? I’m not sure, guess only time will tell. To be honest with you, just getting these thoughts in my pea brain was hard enough. Especially when I have a drink chip sitting on my dresser that’s worth one free pitcher of beer. So say I went up to the corner, do you really think it would be a free night for me? Why hell no, I’d end up having the free one and three more, but then I would be sleeping well tonight (see how my brain twists things around, no matter how small it may be). I’m going to try to stick with the game plan for now, but if I sleep for shit again tonight I won’t be a happy camper.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope u got the sleep u wanted. i wish i had luck at sleeping but i am finding it hard these days. too much on my mind. i think this weekend is going to be all about the pool, i hear the weather is suppose to be great. maybe that will clean my head a bit.

Anonymous said...

You suck. Why are you avoiding me Brad? Was is something I said? I just might not accept your drink chip - so there...

Seriously though - I really had a rubber duckie waiting for you.

Anonymous said...

Come on B to the Rad...
Don't be hatin'...