Monday, July 17, 2006

Looking For China Men (Or Asian Women)

Finished up digging the 4ft deep holes tonight, holy crap. Sunday it was 93, today it got up to 96, I don't think I've ever sweat this much in two days. I started downing 4 32oz glasses of water at 1:00 in anticipation of the heat, had another 4 44oz glasses while actually doing all the work, and I still feel one beer would make me shrivel up like a raisin. I guess jogging and lifting weights doesn't prepare you for manual labor in the hot sun. My accounting hands are now 3 shades of color: white (dead skin waiting to fall off), red (irritated skin that's going to turn white), and the usuall tan color (but only on the backs of my hands). This freaking deck better turn out well. Dropped $1,000 today at the lumber shop, and that doesn't include the railings, just the main deck and supports. Or the cement for the posts, how could I leave that off the list? Duh. So I'm sitting on my patio wallowing in self pity not only for how shitty I feel right now, but also for the chaos that is my back yard and the crap load of work that's left to do. Still hoping I dug deep enough and some China men will crawl through at night and finish up the job for me. Can you hear me down there? So that is my week, no social life, no beer, and very few cigarettes. I think I might die if I tried to live my normal life style right now. Just me and the 44oz glass of water which I can't seem to keep ice in. Oh, and the drunk guy who just tried to take out the curb, that will look nice in the morning. Sober and a little uncreative, sorry. Can't say it's a bad change though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.