Saturday, July 08, 2006

Chic At The Pool

Before I get into the title, what's up with my neighborhood? First there's a 40ish woman (you know my love for older women) walking her dog. Nice little bubble butt, sports bra under her tshirt, looks at me, we both say hi, she walks a little and looks back again. Uh, can I make your evening a little more exciting? Then there's the 10 yr old kid walking down the street talking on his cell phone. Dude, you're 10, you really need a cell phone? And the hot woman accross the street from me with two kids, tight ass jeans today, looking pretty nice. I've never seen her up close but I bet I could make her evening more exciting, too. I'm bad, I know. Lastly is the millionare neighbors who must have their inground lawn sprinklers on a timer, first one side goes for 10 minutes, then the front, and I'm guessing then the back. Rich people suck. Woman accross the street just got into her car and drove off, glanced at me sitting on the patio, guess that's a start.

Ok, on to the real topic. Today I was at (oh this is going to sound weird) an ex girlfriend's apartment at which the current "friend" just moved in to. They are quickly becoming my best friends and I really enjoy hanging out with them (and they have a pool!). I couldn't stand the ex much before but she's been nothing but nice, I feel I owe her a lot for her friendship (and her beer and awesome chicken on the grill). We're all hanging out at the pool, gorgeous day, 80, sunny, just chillin' and talking smack while catching some rays. I'm making a couple trips to the clubhouse to get water for the friend who's kindly sharing her beverage with me (no beer, I had to drive home). Oh my gosh, the millionare has sprinklers watering the grass between the sidewalk and the street, gotta be shitting me, and it just started raining, how funny. Anyway, on two trips to the clubhouse there are these two girls sitting on the edge of the pool with their feet dangling in. All four occasions (trip there, trip back, trip there, trip back) one of them makes a point to crank her head around and look me in the eye. She was maybe 23, 25, damn cute and really hot. So where does that leave me? Oops, side bar, friend who works at the bar has his car in my driveway (I'm not driving tonight and he knows that), and with the rain I can see what a nice wax job I did on his car, beads up nicely (got 3 pitchers of beer for it, gave me something to do). Ok, chic checking me out, "friend" sitting 15 feet away, do I insult her and start talking to the hot pool side girl or just walk on by and write about it in my blog? Well, I'm writing about it so you already know I kept on walking. But the friend is more than just a friend, I'm not exactly sure where we stand, but we enjoy hanging out together. She knows I'm not really dating material (we'll see if I can do the non-drinking thing Mon-Thurs next week, that would be a step in the right direction). But she enjoys hanging out with me for who I am and our conversations could last forever. Oh, I think I hit on the chic in NY today, just so it's out in the open, I think the friend would be ok with that. So if I sit down and chat with the chic at the pool, do I come out and tell her all my defects (at the bar every damn day, soon to change hopefully, my inability to date someone for more than a month, my dislike of spending money on anything but beer and vodka and my new deck, which is looking a little bleak right now, how I'd rather rent a movie than go out to the movies, how I don't even have a VCR/DVD player because I never watch TV at home, oh my, this list could go on forever), or do I just leave that alone and have a pleasant conversation? I feel that having the pleasant conversation would be somewhat lying on my part, I can't rope a girl in with all my good qualities without telling her the bad, just isn't right. With the new friend, I pretty much laid it all out in the beginning, and she's still hanging out with me, must say something. I figure I saved the chic at the pool a month of her life and a little drama (I don't do drama, everything's peachy with me, except for the friend I pissed off last night, don't know how I'm going to fix that one, but I'll do my best, nobody hates me ever and I don't like it when someone isn't happy with me, and of course it's all my fault). So goes life, I have to think of something to do/say to the friend from last night, don't want to lose her friendship, she's good peeps. As Tom Cruise once said, "I love black people!!!", but I love everyone, even though it might not show all the time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i say do what makes u happy. i have always told u that. u are a big boy and have a mind of ur own and will do what u want.

B to the... said...

Thanks Jules, love you much. Too much to do that to you.

Anonymous said...

no "L" words please, no more saying things u don't mean. anyhow u do do that to me atleast once a week anyhow so.....