Sunday, December 16, 2012

Getting to 225

Back in the day when I had a gym membership I had a certain system when it came to the bench press.  I'd start with two 45's as a warm up, throw on 25's for the second set, and work my way up to 245, 265 sometimes, by adding 10's on for each set.  Lifting weights in my basement, while I have some good equipment, I just don't have that many 10 lb weights.  I really don't feel the need to put 245 lbs on the bar anymore, either.  Next week, due to my laziness, I plan to start with 45's and jump to an additional 35 on each side for the second set, getting to 225 by the third.  And, once again being lazy, will probably play with that weight for another three sets.  Mind you it's not like I have a spotter or anything so I think 225 is as high as I should go.  The last thing I want to do is get injured lifting weights when I earn my living behind a desk.

No comments: