Saturday, April 21, 2012

My Two Cents on Subway

On Fridays the cafeteria at my work is closed.  I love the cafeteria.  I usually eat breakfast, First Lunch, and Second Lunch there every day.  (Second Lunch is at 1:30 and the cafeteria lady usually loads up my plate verses throwing the food away.)  But yesterday, being a Friday, it was closed.  So I walked over to Subway.  They're having a special before 9:00 am, buy one get one free.  I ordered the bacon, egg and cheese on flat bread.  Two six inch sandwiches came to $3.98.  I gave the guy a $20.  He gave me $16 back.

"Thank you, have a good day."

I looked at him for a second, blew it off and walked out the door.  Halfway out the door I heard him open the register and put my $.02 in the tip jar.

Who does that?

I still made out on the deal as I got paid for sitting on the shitter for 30 minutes that afternoon.  I was going to walk to city hall but only made it to the first floor when I realized "Subway" wanted out, like right then and there.  Those jalapenoes burn the second time through.

In other news, I used to be 220/230.  220 lbs before drinking, 230 lbs after.  I know I've been pretty religous with the weights lately, and my pants still fit like usual, but Friday, after steaks and veggies and beer, I topped out at 240.  I thought it might have been a fluke but I confirmed it this morning with a weigh in at 230.  I hope to be back to 240 by 3:00 today, if you know what I'm saying.

No comments: