Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Popping Pills

I usually don't like taking pills. I might take eight Advils a year, just for headaches. But Monday, man, I came down with something that completely blocked my head up. My right nostrile was completely closed.

I had to run to City Hall today for work so I decided to stop at Walgreen's on my way there. Years ago I would always get the name Tylenol Cold/Flu stuff and it would clear me right up. I didn't mind paying extra for the name brand.

I couldn't find it today. Everything had the Walgreen's brand on it. So I got the congestion relieving gel caps and continued on.

Like a junkie I fought with the packaging at City Hall, right in front of the bubbler, much to the amusement of passerbyes. Nothing like fumbling with pills in a busy hallway.

But wouldn't you know it, by the time I got back to the office I could breathe! It was awesome! Three and a half hours later I was a mess. I had gone through 40 sheets of paper towels, my nose was running like a drippy faucet and there was no end in sight. It was ugly. The stacks of paper on my desk took the worst of it (besides my nose).

I looked closer at the back of the box. "Promotes sinus draining." Had they put that on the front of the box, in a font that was easily readable, I never would have bought the shit.

No comments: