Tuesday, September 20, 2011

First Real Sunday of Football

The Green Bay Packers had their first 12:00 game this past Sunday. In my mind, any other start time is anti-football religion. Getting to a bar at 11:00, watching the game, and getting home around 6:00 with a possible night ending level of intoxication, well, I can't say enough about how muc I enjoy that.

Last weekend we changed it up a bit, going out for the Badgers game (who gets ESPN 3?) on Saturday for beers while the ladies went shopping and stayed at my house on Sunday for the NFL action. It all started around noon on Sunday with the Packers falling down 0-13 in the first. They managed to turn that around for their second win of the season, thank goodness. Oh, and the Renter made some mad steak fa-gina's as we call them over here.

I personally managed to get a little positive action (thank you Packers lack of defense/ability to score, and how could I go against Tom Brady?), and turned a number of beers upside down. I think I polished off 27, but the over/under on that is still to be determined. The truth might never come out, thanks to not one but two conspiracy theories.

I paid for it on Monday. I had a friend's grandmother's funeral to attend Monday morning. I'm not sure if it was the funeral or the beer but I was noticebly sweating for no other reason. I could have just sent flowers but like I told my friend, attending was cheaper. And more personable, that's the main point, right?

After that I don't think I peed all day. I was in a funk all day/night, opting to lie in bed after work instead of lifting weights. I couldn't even crack open a beer during Monday Night Football. I stuck with water and my banky, curled up on the recliner with the puppy.

Unfortunately, I think this Monday night ritual might continue as I'm getting older. Guess you have to take a night off the sauce every once in a while, right?

If you're a pussy, that is!

Fuck, if my life is comingto this...

No comments: