Thursday, August 18, 2011

August Issues

I've had a number of issues this month. In no particular order...

1. I should get my snowbower fixed. I'm anal about my Jeep, changing the oil every six months even if I've only driven 1,000 miles over those six months. But my snowblower, just two years old, had an oil leak and seized up on me. Two days before we got 24" of snow. I'm guessing it's going to cost me $300 to fix it. I don't want to pay $300. The alternative is shoveling all winter. One of my grandfathers died shoveling snow. I'm still contemplating getting it fixed, wouldn't have to save for retirement that way.

2. The gym membership at Marquette, across the street from my work, would cost me $135 for the fall semester. Not only would I not have to workout after work, I'd have access to more equipment than I have in my basement. I could probably make noticable improvements in those four months. Also, I? Glad the Brewers are doing well, and padding my pocket with low scoring games, but when it takes me an hour to drive six miles after work I don't really feel like working out. I'm still contemplating getting the membership.

3. I thought about doubling up my monthly check to the FA. With the market being down the last month I figured I'd could buy in at some reduced prices. Hopefully, heaven forbid, I won't need the money for years to come, but there are still global worries about pert near everthing. The market might still go down more but shit, I remember how it was three years ago. That was scary. Paying down my 5.5% mortgage doesn't sound that much more appealing but it's always a safe option. I don't pay any interest on my credit cards so I'm good there.

4. Hot tacos. The Renter made some unbelievably hot taco meat on Sunday. On Tuesday I showed a new co-worker my breakfast (tacos). He commented on the smell that was whafting out of my office. It was pretty strong. So was the smell in the bathroom that afternoon. One of those where you don't notice it while you're sitting there, but when you stand up and catch a whiff of what's hovering above you - man. I'd like to add that I missed half of the Brewers game that night due to bathroom issues at home.

I ate more of said tacoes tonight since they were both available and free. Can't wait till tomorrow morning. Fireworks, baby.

5. I've been thinking about looking for a new job. This won't fix all my problems, but it might help. With my job I have to live in the City of Milwaukee. Well, the City of Milwaukee is going to shit. With all the black youth ganging up and beating up white people, with my neighbor's 16-yr-old daughter getting drunk/high and lying in the street, and with me owing more than my house is worth, getting a new job and moving out of the city isn't much of a option. At least the moving out of the city part, getting a new job would just be the first step to freedom. But then again, most of my friends live within walking distance to my house. Sure, I could do without my neighbor and his loud stereo but that's fixable. I could call the MPD about the noise nuisance at midnight and they could call me back, waking me up at 2:00 am, wondering if the loud music is still there. No joke. Now I have two noise nuisances.

My issues, minor/major as they may seem, I hope anyone reading this is doing better.

No comments: