Monday, August 15, 2011

3:00 Munchies

3:00 pm today at work I got bitten by the munchies. The cafeteria closes at 1:30 so I knew I'd be hittingthe vending machine. I don't like chocolate so my only other option was Ruffles potatoe chips. I grabbed $.85 and went down the hall.

There were some people from the business next door doing a tour so I tried to stay low key - even after my bag of chips didn't fall. My first reaction was to feed a buck in the machine and hopefully two bags of chips would fall but I only had a $5 and some $20's.

Fuck.

I went outside and had a cigarette, thinking about the chips the whole time.

After seeing that the chips were still hanging there (and after trying to rock the machine) I brought up the courage to ask a co-worker for a buck. Being the only financial person at my work this was a little hard, needing cash and all, but all I could think about were those chips.

Thankfully the first person I confronted had a dollar and both bags of chips fell.

My old savings technique of leaving every $1 bill in my pocket at the end of the night at home failed me miserably. My new savings technique of stashing $100's in my wallet didn't help any either.

Some days you just can't win. Thankfully the Milwaukee Brewers are taking care of that for me.

No comments: