Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sunday, Posting

I'll be honest here, I do most of my posting on this here blog from my cell phone. And lately it hasn't been working for me. As you certainly know I like to browse the Yahoo! Personals pages and post what I find on here. But with Hotmail down on my phone I haven't been able to get attachments through. And if I can't post pictures of frazzled women showing a little cleavage, well, then this blog thing doesn't really do it for me. I hope to get this figured out/fixed soon.

This past Sunday though, man was it a doozy. It all started well before noon with a trip to the grocery store for some brats. When I got home just after noon I saw one of my friends had already dropped off some bloody mary mix. Should have tipped me off as to what was coming.

I put 16 brats on the grill, submerged in beer and spices. What better way to make brats than dowsing them in beer? I was "politely informed" by the Renter that this was not the correct way since she had four boxes of Mac & Cheese that were already ready and the meat was far from done. Mind you only two people had showed up and I was supposed to have the meat done. I'd tell her how stupid she looks when she blows her top in front of other people, and the snickering looks that I get, but it wouldn't make a difference.

If you have bloody mary supplies you have to have one, even if they aren't your favorite. Follow that up with 20 beers and a couple vodka cranberries and you're feeling quite well. I know I was. After two high stakes Texas Holdem tournaments the night appeared to slow down with half the crowd leaving. But that's when the shit fell through the ceiling. Beers were emptied at record pace. Wood was stacked mile high on the fire pit. At one point everyone was raiding he fridge for leftovers. Yours truly ate what was left of the four boxes of Mac & Cheese (prob = two boxes). At about 10:30 I mumbled something about going to bed and slipped into the house. Slept like a baby.

No comments: