Sunday, December 06, 2009

Standing in Line

If you knew me this wouldn't be so hard to believe. In my bedroom I have a clean clothes pile and a dirty clothes pile. When I do a load of laundry I'll pull out my work clothes and hang them up but everything else ends up in a pile in the corner. I don't fold or sort anything. So when I wake up in the morning and get ready for work guess what determines what I'm going to wear? Matching socks. If I find two tan socks I'll wear my tan pants. Two blue socks means the blue pants. Oh, and I've been late for work before because I couldn't find any matching socks. So on Saturday, armed with my $10 off coupon at Kohls, I set out in search of dress socks.

I don't shop much. If I do need something I'm usually in and out in a jiffy. What I didn't anticipate were all the Christmas shoppers. Tons of Christmas shoppers. I had to weave my way in and out of families, strollers, and hopelessly slow old people. Eventually I found the socks I wanted.

The line for the checkout was 30 deep. I contemplated ditching the socks and walking out. Instead I stuck it out and waited in line, didn't want to waste the $10 coupon. Fortunately the line didn't take too long.

The Renter wants to go to Best Buy for a satalite radio. I owe her a Christmas gift for the watch she bought me three months ago. That will be the last time I go shopping till the end of the year. If I run out of deoderant I'll be smelling like lillies as I'll steal the Renter's deoderant once again.

No comments: