Monday, August 10, 2009

The Tale of Two…

This morning I woke up and being a good dog owner I took the puppy out first thing. But I knew I had something coming too by the pain in my gut. As soon as the puppy finished her business I ran straight for the bathroom. In one swift move my rectum flushed out whatever was festering in there. I swear it took less than five seconds. That was it. I wiped, hopped in the shower and went on with my day.

11:30 (my usual time) I felt the need again. Fearing what happened in the morning I made my way to the bathroom at the first sign of a movement. Wouldn’t you know it, the second one left me sweating and panting. I had to push that sucker out with all my might. Usually when you have a shit like the first one the second one is exactly the same. Not today. The tale of two shits.


In other news…


I lost $50 on Friday. I don’t know how, I don’t know where, but stuff like that never happens to me. I was quite irritated for most of Saturday morning.


My workouts lately have been lacking, big time. I’ve been resting at least three minutes between each set, usually while I’m watching PTI/ESPN.

Flat dumbbell bench: 90 x 10

Flat barbell bench: 215 x 8

Incline dumbbell bench: 70 x 12

Chins: 230 x 7

Pullups: 230 x 7

Bentover row: 115 x 10

Dumbbell shoulder press: 70 x 7

Vertical row: 115 x 10

Overhead barbell tricep push: 105 x 9

Single arm overhead dumbbell: 35 x 12

Barbell curl: 105 x 10

Hammer curl: 45 x 10

Shoulder shrugs: 255 x 15

Situps


That’s it, no warm ups, no changing the weights at all, just sticking with that routine. Kind of pathetic.


I had plans to go fishing with the Slovack on Friday at 10:00 pm but backed out because it was raining. He wasn’t too happy. Made plans to go fishing on Sunday at 2:00 to get out on the lake early when the fish are biting. This is what the Renter told me because I don’t have any recollection: my alarm went off for 24 minutes without me waking up, the Renter banged two pots together and I still didn’t wake up, the Renter poured water on me and barely avoided a blow as I came out of my deep sleep swinging. So no, didn’t go fishing again. Lesson learned though: don’t try to wake up the sleeping bear at 2:00 in the morning.

No comments: