Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Electric Bill

Remember the rope light the Renter picked up so I could leave it on at night and be able to find my way out of my bedroom at night? Well, I figured something wad up when I'd touch it in the morning and it would be warm. In case you didn't know, any electrical device that generates heat also is using/wasting a lot of energy. Well, I got my most recent electrical bill and it was $30 higher than the last one. Granted their were a couple warm days in there where I had to turn the A/C on but that wouldn't cause such a big swing. Is it worth $1 a night to find my way out of my room? Mid-life crisis: leave the light on and pay for it on the bill or turn it off and possibly pee myself when I can't find the door. Looks like I'll go back to pissing myself. Oh, hey, any kinky ladies out there? I'm sure I could satisfy somebody's weird fantasies without altering my daily life.


UPDATE!!! After Snoop in CA asked if I really was that cheap, the answer would be no. I'm a numbers guy. Usually the bill is $70 so the $30 extra is a 42% increase. Are you going to tell me people aren't going to bitch and complain when they buy gas for $2.40 on day and $3.41 the next? That's a 42% increase.

Also keep in mind that not everything on this blog is true. I only peed myself once (lie).

Oh, and on the cheap part, I had my friends rolling a week ago. I had made chicken legs/thighs and had skinned them so they wouldn't flame up on the grill. Well, after a couple days the skins started to smell. That's an understatement; the whole kitchen stunk. My friend asked why I hadn't taken the garbage out yet. I told him the bag wasn't full yet. Can't go and waste a garbage bag just because it stinks a little.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you seriously that cheap??

Snoop in CA

Diarrhea of the Mouth said...

Yes, he is that cheap. This is the guy who won't flush the toilet after he pees because it uses a gallon of water. His motto: if it's yellow let it mello, brown then maybe flush it down. Did I mention how he makes me turn off the shower while I shave my legs? How the heat is set at 55 during the winter or how he never buys soap because he steals it from hotels. So yes, he is that cheap.

Anonymous said...

I guess you have to do what you can so the FA can get his Roth contributions every year...

Snoop in CA

Anonymous said...

As a numbers person myself, I can see your point. Would 1 less pitcher a week cover that expense?

Perhaps you should meet w/ the FA for a needs analysis...

Snoop in CA