Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Arizona Vacation, Part Five

As you can see from the picture, taken at 11:00 am, the Renter and I are the only ones at the pool. She wondered if its because we didn't take showers this morning. I haven't taken one since Monday. You can't tell me people are hurting this bad, in this economy, that they can't afford a nice vacation at a very nice hotel for $88 a night. Hell, if we can do it...

Last night we ordered pizza, salad, and chicken wings from room service at 6:30. I ate as much as I could and we still had food left over. That being said, by 7:30 I was ready for a nap. After drinking all day and having a full stomach I slept till 10:30. We got up and took a walk but didn't get far; the hotel is built on the side of a mountain and most of the roads are at a 30° angle. Went back to the room and I was thinking about ordering "Taken" but they wanted $15, ended up watching some Ashton Kutcher and Bernie Mac movie instead. Went to bed sober once again. I know, not like me, but I'd had a long day.

Today I think we're going to venture out to one of the other pools since the adult pool doesn't serve food. From what I remember from being here before the big pool has a pretty cool slide and a nice sit down eating place. We'll see.

Oh, one other note. Towards the end of my drinking yesterday I was approached by one of the staff here about having a cooler at the pool. Actually it was right at the side of the pool as the Renter moved it so Mr. Crispy didn't have to vet out of the pool to get a beer. The guy was really nice, said he saw me pull a beer out of the cooler in plain sight (not supposed to have coolers at the pool). He said, "You know, if you had the cooler under a towel and had your beer in a plastic cup it wouldn't be so obvious." Done deal! Whatever keeps us both happy.

By now my sunscreen will have soaked in so I'm going to test the waters. 11:30 and I'm going on beer number five. That's what vacation is all about.

No comments: