Friday, January 23, 2009

Blog Readers Convene, Agree Blog Kicks Ass!

Two weeks ago we held the first blog readers get-together and it was a rousing success!  At the meeting we discussed what could be improved on the site as far as the layout is concerned.  We also discussed the blog content and by a 24-0 vote Article #1 was passed: need more booze to be more funny!  I've been working pretty hard at that lately.  And finally, and most importantly, the blog was voted "Most Kick Ass" of all corner bar blogs.  I was quite honored by that one.  Thanks to all who attended.

 

I was sitting at the bar playing dice with the Renter and the old roommate.  I saw a girl on the other end of the bar lean over to place her order and I recognized her immediately.  "Is that B to the…?"  I used to work with her back at the movie theater in 1995.  She was with another girl who worked there too.  Small world.

 

I don't know how but they happened to stumble upon the blog at some point.  Maybe the FA sent them a link or something, I'm not sure.  Anyway, after I finished the dice game I went over to their table to chat.  A couple bits of stories that we shared:

 

"Remember when you were dancing like a spaz and broke the glass door to the FA's entertainment center?"

 

"Wasn't that when you were going out with that girl and I was making out with you at the FA's New Year's Eve party?"

 

"You helped me wrap Christmas presents and you wouldn't sleep with me because you didn't shave your legs that day."

 

"I laughed when you showed me your penis at first but I cried later."

 

"You showed it to me, too."

 

"You sold me that car and the steering wheel fell off in my hands when I drove it home.  Oh, and you wouldn't pay to get it fixed."

 

"I still live at home with my parents."

 

"What was that girl's name again?"  (H.R., like I'd really forget that one)

 

"You haven't changed at all."

 

"Remember when that old guy thought you were a young boy?"

 

"I went to his bar and asked if Harry was working."  (Mr. Sweater Vest himself)  "He looked at me a little weird and I asked if the owner was around and his face got bright red.  It was a little awkward for a minute there."

 

"Did you really fill up that woman's gas tank for sex?"

 

"I think it would be easier to make a list of people who hadn't seen your penis there."

 

"Do you come here often?"

 

"Every mother fucking day."



Hotmail® goes where you go. On a PC, on the Web, on your phone. See how.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that make me giggle. ty. and, for some truth in your blog for once, YOU told me check out your blog. did you ever verify who broke the glass door?
LB

Anonymous said...

It was my "space cadet" friend/roomate from Whitewater...

FA