Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Popcorn Popper


As you know from the previous post I don’t like folding clothes. After I pull them out of the dryer I normally toss them in a pile on the floor and put other dirty clothes in the hamper. Sure, they get a little wrinkled on the floor buy hey, I really don’t care that much. But I do still like them to be clean when I go to put them on the next time.

Last week I went to go put on a t-shirt from the clean clothes pile. After pulling it over my head I was engulfed with this wicked stench. I took it off, examined it for spots and sniffed around here and there. Sure enough, the little puppy, who I thought was making it all night without peeing while sleeping on my bed, well, she was peeing on my clothes. I had to re-wash the whole pile.

The little puppy is a needy puppy. She follows me around everywhere. If I go take a shit she has to be in the bathroom. If she’s sleeping on the couch and I get up to go to the kitchen she has to follow me. Whatever room I’m in she has to be there, too.

The only way I could get her to stop peeing in the middle of the night was to put her in her kennel. Knowing how needy she is I knew this wouldn’t go over well at all. So Thursday night I moved the kennel to the bedroom with me. I put her in with her bed and toys and turned off the light. You’d have thought I was sticking her with a fork if you had heard the yelps coming out of the kennel. I did the only thing I could think of to rectify the situation. I grabbed two pillows and a blanket and slept on the floor with my head six inches away from the kennel door. She calmed down, fussed in the kennel a little more and eventually went to sleep. The second night I did this she went right to sleep.

This seems to have been working as far as not peeing in my room is concerned. I’ve noticed that she pees a lot more in the mornings than what she used to do – like twice as much. So, cool, right?

Wrong. My back, butt, and hips have been sore ever since. I haven’t slept in my bed since Wednesday. Each night I’ll put her in the kennel, situate the pillows on the floor and lie down. I wake up two or three times a night with shooting pain from sleeping on the carpeted floor. On Monday I snagged a sleeping bag to sleep on from the parent’s house and this seemed to help a little. I think I’m going to have to put the kennel on the bed till she gets used to sleeping in there without my face being right by the door. I hope that happens soon. I don’t want to bring home some random woman and end up bouncing the puppy around in the kennel like one of those popcorn poppers everyone had as a kid.

No comments: