Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Stranded/Drama Queen

I’ve had exactly nine beers since Saturday night. While this might not be unusual for your average person, for me, hell, it’s a fucking miracle. There are reasons for this.

Since I did all my Christmas shopping after December 21st all those bills are coming due at the beginning of February. Christmas shopping, the stupid medical bill for the knee surgery, the weekend get-away where I was almost left 150 miles from home without a ride home and a dead cell phone, all that shit’s coming up shortly. So I figured I’d stay home as much as possible this week. And since 2007 ended I’ve had a lot of wrapping up to do at work. I never thought, at age 30, it would come to the point where my knees hurt from running to and from the printer but friends, that’s quite the case. Three days away from the bar saved me at least $20 a night, $60 in total. I’m rolling in the Benjamins now.

The other reason I’ve stayed home lately is the Renter’s become a total drama queen. I haven’t talked to her since Saturday.

The Packer’s played at 3:30 on Saturday. Well, you know me, by 9:00 I pretty much needed a break from the beer. I suggested to the Renter that we go to the arcade and play some stupid video games for an hour or so. I was going to buy.

The arcade is 10 miles from my house. The whole ride there was peaceful and quiet. As soon as we pulled in to the lot she started going off on how it’s cold in the house and how she can’t sleep and what is she paying $400 a month for. Back then I thought I was just being a nice friend offering a place to stay. Back then I told her, before she moved in, that it’s hot in the summer and cold during the winter. It’s my house, that’s how I live. Yeah, my simple, calm statement recalling the conversation from way back when probably wasn’t even heard over her yelling and screaming. I might be an asshole but I sure as hell don’t yell and scream at people. Totally uncalled for.

She told me to go play some games while she called around looking for a place to stay. Yeah, like I’m going to get out of the car after I’ve been left 15 times further away from home before. Her not being able to sleep doesn’t have anything to do with staying up till 5:00 in the morning; no, of course not.

So, in order to avoid any shit like that happening again I’ve just avoided her. I’ve been staying at the parent’s house later than usual just watching TV. I’ve been reading a lot and writing on this stupid blog in my room at night. (Check out Tucker Max if you’re looking for something to read. There were times I had to wipe the tears out of my eyes in order to read since I was laughing so hard.) Pretty much just keeping to myself, whacking off in my room and going to bed at 10:30.

I don’t appreciate being yelled at and you better believe I will never hop in her car again.

Yeah, never again.

No comments: