Thursday, November 15, 2007

Lord of War

Lord of War with Nicholas Cage, Ethan Hawke, Jared Leto, and Bridget Moynahan. I just got done watching it a half hour ago and fuck, wow.

(Bear with me here – or bare with me, I haven’t seen titties in quite some time and don’t know if I’d even recognize them if I did see them – but I’m not a movie critic. Hell, I don’t even watch many movies. I’m a sports fan and a beer fan and since those two go so well together I’m usually watching sports. Unfortunately this time of year it means I’m watching a lot of the No Busting Ass league – the NBA – the only professional sports league with guaranteed contracts.)

Cage is a big time arms dealer; big time as in flying full size prop planes into Africa loaded with AK-47s, buying six tanks and getting one free, and buying whole fleets of attack helicopters. He starts out selling one Uzi and by the end of the movie he has connections with the president of every nation, even the self-proclaimed presidents of those third world “democracies” that have five year life spans. It’s similar to the movie Blow with Johnny Depp but it’s a little bit more on the dark side. Ethan Hawke plays an agent for Interpol and he’s constantly on Cage’s ass. Watching this movie didn’t help my Big Brother paranoia at all. The FA calls me on this at least once a month. Even though I was clean as a whistle (and sober) driving home from the parents house I kept checking my rear view mirror (ladies, know what that is?) feeling like I was being followed.

Anyway, it was just one of those movies that left an impression on me. I’m not a big Nicholas Cage fan but he was pretty damn good in this movie (unlike in Con Air, that was painful). So if you have two hours to spare I would suggest checking it out.

No comments: