Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Talk About a Game

Last night the Green Bay Packers played a hell of a game in upsetting the Denver Broncos. There had been some talk of Brett Favre not having the arm strength that he used to but he proved everyone wrong before a nationally televised audience on Monday Night Football. After the Packers defense couldn’t hold the Broncos and their legendary kicker Jason Elam in regulation, Favre came out and rifled a bomb down the sideline to Greg Jennings on the first offensive play in overtime. Way to go Pack. I hope this shuts up some of his critics because they wouldn’t have a team if it wasn’t for him. Come back next year, Brett, you’re good in my book.

And talk about having it good. They provide food during halftime of the Packer games. Usually it’s some Mexican dish from the restaurant next door. Usually it’s pretty damn good although some people complain about it. Hey, free food always tastes better to me, I would never complain. But a couple weeks ago I had mentioned to the head chef how good the little Chinese egg rolls were. So last night he was walking around and asked me if he should put some of them out for the spread. Of course I said yes and tried to keep an eye out for when he brought them out. They tend to go pretty fast and the old vultures in the back are notorious for taking more than they can eat. Just before halftime I felt a tap on my shoulder. There was the head chef with a two foot round tray packed with egg rolls. There had to have been 40 of them. He set it down in front of me, slapped me on the back and walked off. I figured he was going to make some and put them on the buffet table but this was not the case. Everyone was looking at me with jaws open. “Dig in!” I had arms and hands flying in front of me so fast, and then screams of “Ouch, that’s hot!” before I finished saying “in”. Oh, those little suckers were pretty tasty. I ate and ate, probably had about ten before everyone else stopped eating them leaving me three more to try to choke down (of course I did it). Being the thankful patron I took the dish back to the kitchen and thanked the cook many, many times – without getting on my knees or bending over, you sick fucks.

I don’t know if I’m that much fun or that entertaining or if my jokes are that funny or if I’m just a nice guy in general (probably none of the above), but I do my best to keep everyone at the bar happy and entertained. Mr. Head Chef, you made me feel special and very happy. I owe you one buddy.

No comments: