Thursday, July 12, 2007

Dickhead Move?

One of the ex-girlfriends was at the bar last night. Months back I wouldn’t speak to her or even look at her but lately I’ve been somewhat cordial for whatever reason. Well, except for last night. After five pitchers of beer and one losing game of bar dice (to her of course) I fired a shot that I shouldn’t have.

Me, paying the bartender for shots: Uh, this sucks. At least you have a boyfriend who pays for everything.

Her: What?! I work hard for my money!

Me: Yeah, we all know that.

I left to use the bathroom. I’m sure she and lawyer girl were yapping about my comment the whole time (fucking gossip bitches, not that I really care). When I came back to the bar I sat down and apologized for my actions.

But then, sitting at my desk today at work, I started thinking about it more. It’s not like my comment was in any way false. I mean, she might work at his company once in a while. To what capacity I wouldn’t have the slightest clue, but coming from someone who worked for exactly one week while we were dating, I’m sure it can’t be all that much. Everyone at the bar knows the situation. It’s not like I was making false accusations. Then why deny it? I should have known her mentality when we were dating. She was talking about her then husband (yes, I had sex with a married woman) and told me that the guy above her husband was going to retire leaving the position open for hubby. The new position would have paid about $175,000. She told me that she was almost there, there being the point where she wouldn’t have to work and would have money thrown at her. Not we were almost there, but she was almost there. Back then the story went that when we went out I’d pay for the beer and whatever and in turn she’d put out and even take it up the ass. Well, ok, it’s not like I was buying her beer to get sex, but now that I mention it that sounds like a pretty fucking cool idea! The point is I bought her beer, that’s it. Hell, you’re lucky if you can get a $10 gift out of my on your birthday. So, when she found her man who made $500,000 a year she jumped ship pretty fast. She got what she wanted and was shortly thereafter seen sporting a new leather jacket and new clothes. Reflecting on that, was my comment that far off?

No comments: