Friday, July 20, 2007

Brewers Game

Anyway, last night I went to the Brewers game with the Renter and her friend and his son. I had a pitcher at the bar beforehand and took four cans along with for before the game. The game was pretty boring and it was really hot and muggy. Around the fourth inning the Renter and I went outside to have a cigarette. When we returned to our seats we found the two seats on either side of ours were taken. So, instead of sitting shoulder to shoulder with some sweaty fat fucks we decided to go up to the 300 club where it was air conditioned. I don’t know what happened to the Renter but she got pissed at something. I tried talking to her about how I’m semi-claustrophobic and couldn’t go back and sit in our original seats, especially in that kind of humidity. After five minutes of basically talking to myself I gave up. Some people actually like to hear themselves talk, but I’m not one of those people. So I told her I was going to leave and walk home. I don’t know if she thought I was kidding or what but that’s what I did, walked out the door. Outside I found two other guys who were going the same direction and we all hopped into a taxi. Five minutes later I was back at the corner bar enjoying a $4.25 pitcher of Miller Lite (a.k.a. diet beer).

This story pretty much describes the way I live my life. If I don’t want to do something I won’t. In a social setting, I am not accountable to anyone. Sure, I might have left the Renter and her friend at the game, but it’s not like I left them there without a ride home or anything. It’s not like anyone would really miss me if I wasn’t there, so no big deal, right? I don’t think the Renter gets it even after living with me for almost a year now. It truly is all about me.

No comments: