Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Sunday Move Part Two

Picking up where we left off, we have the UHAUL at the apartment and the neighbor's head hurts from hitting it on the ceiling. The move is going very well until the glass top from her desk decides to shatter. While the neighbor guy is holding it. Into a million little pieces. I guess going from an air conditioned apartment to 85 degree weather didn’t agree with its structure too well. And of course we couldn’t find a broom to clean it up with so we just left this great big pile of glass on the road. Another noteworthy one was her friend Marcus was carrying out a couple boxes stacked up with a stuffed frog on top, inches from his face. After carrying this load for 50 ft Marcus was informed that the frog was used for coughing into as she was coming down with strep throat. No one touched the frog after that.

The guys were really good with the move and my request to take it easy on the wood floors. We managed to only set stuff down on the floors twice, and once was even my fault as we were lifting the biggest fucking armoire I’ve ever seen, had to weigh a good 200 lbs. Other than that it was actually a fun time.

Andrew from Canada was an interesting guy. When I first met him he was totally serious and seemed to know everything about everything. After two days of hanging out with him I got him to laugh a couple times and he had some jokes of his own. After he left (and I sobered up) I realized he did know something about pretty much everything, from packing a UHAUL to grilling steaks to hooking up the internet to coating wood floors to general life situations. He was genuinely a nice overall guy and I really enjoyed talking with him. On his return flight they were overbooked and he opted to get a free one-way ticket and leave later. I’m hoping he’ll use that ticket and come back before the year is over. And no I’m not gay.

Sorry, this one kind of sucked but I had to finish Sunday Move Part One. And give props to Andrew.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well now the Canadian guy has had some fun reading this. Pretty funny. Thanks for the props, I am guessing on the "great" grilling. Let me know when the steaks are needing to be done again. Andrew