Thursday, July 20, 2006

Thursday, Another Day Of Building

Today's weather was much more suitable for building, maybe low 80's but still nice and sunny. Deck is finally starting to take shape, bigger than I thought it would be. Now I'm wondering what the hell I'm going to put on it. It's a third of the size of my house, basically like a second living room. I spent $1,600 on living room furniture (ehem), hopefully it won't cost that much to fill this expanse that could be used as a dance floor (dad suggested I get a band to use the dance floor, but we all know tall white guys can't dance). Tomorrow we'll be screwing down the deck boards and will finally be able to walk on it (and fall off the edge since it won't have railings yet).

So, it's summer time, school is out till the fall, and the neighbor's daughters are always around the neighborhood. On three occasions today they drove past yelling hi or commenting on my physique (yeah, I know I'm sexy), everytime with my dad working right next to me. Should I feel just a little weird that girls my sister's age are yelling my name or whatever? If I'm by myself on the back patio (soon to be deck!) I don't mind it at all, actually dissappointed if they don't acknowledge my pitifull existance (please come talk to me, I'm lonely). But when pops is standing right next to me I get this odd feeling, like no I'm not into girls who just got out of high school, they're just the neighbor's daughters and their friends, no big deal. I would never tell him that their dad called me one night and said they were coming to pick me up to go downtown to meet him, cruising to downtown with 4 girls 19 and younger. Not that anything would ever happen with any of them but it still sounds just a tad bad. Just friends who are girls and happen to be a decade younger than me (oh that's sad, I'm getting old, dirty old man). I figure I shouldn't even worry about it, if their dad is cool with it than everything's peachy, right? Maybe I'm thinking too much on this.

Tonight the bar is closed (boo hoo), stupid wedding reception. Cute girls in dresses, free drinks, strange people to meet, and I'm locked out. Come on, I can make any party more fun with my stupid jokes and charming personality. I'll just have to find something else to do, I can... crap, I have to go shit right now, later. Hope I make it to the can. Hope there's toilet paper on the roll cause I'm not stopping at the closet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.