Thursday, January 31, 2013

Chul Vista

Last weekend I stayed at a hotel/resort in the Wisconsin Dells called Chula Vista.  You may have read about it on here before, I tend to go there twice a year.  They have a winter special where you can have two people stay in a room for two nights for $200, $264 once they add on their crazy hotel tax.  A hundred bucks a night isn't a crazy deal for a hotel in the waterpark capital of the Midwest in the middle of winter, but when they add in the all-you-can-eat and all-you-can-drink stipulation, well, it's a downright steal.

 

Anyway, you can just imagine the fun that I have there, so much fun that a number of the servers and bartenders remembered me from the last trip in November.  I rarely even had to ask for a beverage before two were placed in front of me.

 

That being said, I don't remember much of the trip.  The one "high light" that still sticks in my head is me walking/stumbling back to the room, two beers in hand, a couple asking if I was ok, me passing them, looking to my left as I mumbled something unintelligible, and smashing my right hand beer into a wall, completely crushing the plastic cup, all the while not getting a single drop on myself.  I didn't even look back.  I knew what it was going to look like.  I put my head down and hurried back to the room where I found that in my haste I had spilled half of my second beer.  Talk about a glass half full (plus one full empty).

No comments: