Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Plantar Faciitis

I've been having some foot problems lately.  I think it might be that plantar faciitis thing, it's just the bottom of my heel where all the tendons attach.  It's not that bad during the day but at night and in the mornings it gets to be a bit painful.  I'm going to guess walking a mile to city hall and back in my work shoes doesn't help any but I can't really get around that unless (so inefficient) I drive.

My favorite shoes are my Eastland boat shoes that I've become quite fond of.  I know, they're not that stylish and might be border line workplace-casual, but for the most part they are comfortable and haven't given me any problems.  Until about three months ago, that is.

For some reason they started giving me the heel pain.  I recently bought some insoles to put in them but those didn't help.  The "squeak, squeak" sound they made as I walked down the hall wasn't too pleasing, either.  I switched to a pair of brown Sketchers that had been sitting in my closet for years and those seemed to help a little.  The only bad thing about those is they had the little tongue thing in the back and it would catch my pant cuffs and started to rip them to shreds.

My Eastlands were over a year and a half old.  Mind you, this whole time I had a brand new pair sitting in my closet that I bought when I got a 30% off coupon in the mail.  Well, this week I got tired of my pant cuffs wearing out so I brought out the new shoes.

My God what a difference.  I should I started wearing the new ones months ago.  The next time I get a coupon in the mail I'm buying another pair, just to have in the closet for when my current ones start wearing out in a year or so.

My cheapness tends to burn me in the butt (foot) every once in a while.

No comments: