Monday, December 24, 2012

10lb Plates

The Roommate was nice enough to pick up some 10lb weight plates for me yesterday.  I have a little home gym in my basement, nothing special but it works.  I have a number of plates from 45's to 2.5's and dumbbells up to 90lbs.  So today I loaded up 135, 185, 205, 225, and 245.  I haven't done 245 in years, usually just lifting in the basement without a spotter.

Well, I did it, just once, I was a little scared to do more.

I'll turn 36 in three months.  Ten years ago I was benching 265 ten times on my second set.  Getting old.

But like I told my financial advisor, it's not worth getting injured trying to lift some extra weight, not when you sit behind a desk five days out of the week.

On another note, at age 36, my chances at an NFL career are slipping by.  Thank goodness for reality TV and my screen presence...

No comments: