Thursday, June 09, 2011

Throw Him The Heater!

I have a friend who's not 100% there mentally. He's a good person and I'd do pretty much anything for him as he would for me. But he has his antics. If he has six beers in him he gets a little loose. Watching sports with him takes patience.

He'll get confused with who scores during football games. Third and long might actually be first down.

But the Brewers, that's a different story.

My friend has a strong opinion about the Brewers. Chants of "Go Brew Crew!" and "Come on, Fielder!" echo in my back yard.

But the best is when the Brewer's closer is on the mound. "Throw him the heater!" is the standard call.

I had two friends over on Wednesday. The Brewers were tied in the ninth inning. We joked about my friend yelling the heater pitch request.

I took the puppy out. I got a phone call when I was outside, in the middle of picking up poop.

The voicemail: Throw him the heater!

We all got on our phones to send him a text. I asked all ten of my friends to send him a text, refferencing the heater. The end result: his phone blew up with texts. And the Brewers won.

I'll pick him up a 30-pack of High Life this weekend.

No comments: