Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Overestimating My Abilities

I've been pricing a new kitchen sink and faucet for a while now. The white plastic sink I had was kind of an eye sore. If I left dishes in the sink it took a lot of scrubbing to get food/dish marks off. And my faucet leaked a little, probably just needed a new washer or something but it was getting old, too.

Sunday was a cold day, 50 something and windy. After pissing off the Renter on Friday, not talking all Saturday, I put theolive branch out there and asked her if she wanted to go to a place on Lincoln Ave. I knew they had $2 cheeseburgers and free pool. I didn't know I'd be so rusty at pool.

After splitting the first four games the Renter laid out a bet. I don't even remember what I would have won had I won the 5th game but it doesn't matter. I lost.

Headed to Home Depot.

I could have found a new sink and faucet for cheaper but the one I bought almost lined up perfectly with the drains I currently had. I figured, even though not experienced with plumming of any kind, I'd be able to hook the new one up without any outside help.

(By the way, this plumming thing reminded me, I once dated a girl who "starred" in "Pumping Plumpers 3". Initials TL. Almost lost my watch in that vag, with three fingers in the back end.)

Back to plumming...

Boy was I wrong.

Fairly winded, at least two sheets, I cleared out the cabinet under the sink and took a gander. I had no clue what I was getting into. I got as far as turning the water lines off.

I had to call a friend of a friend to come over on Tuesday to "help" me put the new sink in. Somehow, while having friends over, I managed to discourage anyone from entering the house so we didn't have any distractions putting the new sink in. It went fairly well, two hours with only one trip to the store but we got it in (up to the wrist, fuck, wrong plumming story again). I spotted the guy $60 for two hours of work, most of it lying on his back in my kitchen. There was no way I could have done it by myself.

So now I know, don't try indoor home improvement projects without professional help and don't make wagers on poolgames, even against a girl.

No comments: