Monday, April 25, 2011

No Means No

I have a friend who used to live accross the street. He's a little slow but yet good natured. He's always willing to help and I appreciate that. I gave him $20 for ten minutes of work to clean my gutters because I don't likme heights. I try to help the guy out whenever I can.

Today leaving work it had to be 60 degrees outside. I was thinking I could lift weights and sit outside till at least 7:00. But mother nature wasn't having it and after grilling some ribeyes for dinner the temperature dropped, too cold for Pupy and I to sit outside with a shivering fur ball on my lap. But that wasn't going to stop my friend.

Our five minute conversation:

Friend: Are you going to watch the Brewer's outside and have a fire?

Me: No, it's too cold.

Friend: But I have a box of wood for thefire pit!

Me: No, it's too cold.

Five minutes of that. The guy wouldn't take no for an answer. Can't wait till it gets warm outside.

Me: I need a BJ first.

Really don't want to know his answer to my request in jest.

No comments: