Saturday, March 26, 2011

New Tires

The Renter and I have abnormal driving habits. Abnormal to the typical Midwestern peep. Our financial advisor (FA) wanted us to sign some paperwork out in Brookfield and we both balked at it. Driving to his office would equal 20% of our weekly driving routine. (Sorry, FA, thanks for bringing the paperwork over.)

Somehow the Renter and I ended up working at the same job. I might have helped a bit in getting her hired but she's perfect for the job. My company wouldn't be what it is without her. In a good way, of course.

Since we work/live together we car pool to work every day. I drive three days a week with the understanding that she will drive on the weekends if we go somewhere. Being Mr. Efficient I purchased my house six miles from downtown Milwaukee and six miles from Brookfield Square (good luck finding me, stalkers). Even for those not mathmatically inclined that's 36 miles I drive a week, even less for the Renter assuming we don't do anything on the weekends.

I have a 2002 Jeep Wrangler with 35,000 miles.

This weeked the Renter got a bug up her ass that she needed new tires. Back up a year, I used to goat her that she needed to save money for new tires, when the time came. I just wanted her to save money period and I know how much she likes her car so perfect, right?

Today she wanted tires. Actually got a good deal from Sears, $550 for four. I went outside and checked out her car. Still had a quarter of an inch of tread on them. Since we drive so little that quarter inch could last aother year. I could just see the service guys (who most certainly have bigger penises than I) laughing as we trade in perfectly good tires for new ones. Not wanting to be taken advantae of I round-aboutly got her to not get new tires (sit in her room for four hours) and not spend the $550 (because saving $550 is so bad).

And that has been my Saturday so far, sitting with puppy watching basketball, no human contact unless you count the FA texting me from the Bucks/Bulls game. Who watches pro ball in March?

No comments: