Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Friend For Puppy

I don't do much for Christmas. I don't buy gifts. I don't receive gifts. I try to see mom and dad at least once over the holidays. Once is enough.

With dad leaving for Florida this month I made a point to invite him and Butthead over. (I must have been a rough older brother to get my sister to answer to Butthead.) I asked if they could bring dad's two dogs since I really hadn't seen them much since he moved out.

When the crew arrived there was mass chaos. All three dogs were screaming around my living room. There was some growling but mostly play wrestling. Puppy had a blast while they were there.

Saturday, after having two pichters the Renter took me to the puppy store on 86th St. They had two puppies in the window, the cutest, most docile of which is pictured at the top of this post. Very nice dog, nine weeks old, great personality. The combination of not wanting to spend $425 and potty training a puppy in the winter months brought me to decide not to take any action. I really don't need another dog, as cute and cuddly as she was. So life, while on the edge for a bit, is back on even keel. Just the way I like it.

No comments: