Thursday, January 20, 2011

Black Friday 58" Plasma

Somehow the Renter got me to go out on Black Friday and I bought a 58" plasma TV with 0% for 36 months. No big deal, ended up costing me $1 a day. But I noticed it puts out a lot of heat. It had an energy star symbol on the box but with the heat it puts out...

My electric bill has been $30 higher than usual lately. I've been staying home three days a week, as opposed to boozing it up out on the town (hole in the wall that still allows smoking), so I've been saving money. But the "energy star" TV the sits four feet sway from the thermostat is making the house cold. Namely, when I go to bed at night my room is not (undisclosed low heat reading). No, it's much colder. Thankfully I have a little puppy to keep me warm but still, f'ing cold. Turning on my space heater will only jack the electric bill up higher. Kind of like getting a ten and a six at blackjack.

No comments: