Saturday, December 25, 2010

For The Holidays...

I have 11 days off for the holidays. I don't have to report to work till Jan 3rd. Unfortunately, with my job, this doesn't mean I won't be in the office a day or two next week. I have to make sure there's money in the bank so people can get paid. Based on this drunken blog, one might think I have few responsibilities but that's far from the truth. I have X amount of people relying on me. I haven't taken a whole week off from work in I don't know how long. I used to hit Cancun twice a year for two weeks at a crack. Now that I'm "grown up" I can't do that.

My plan for the next 11 days: get as smashing drunk as possible while only eating one large meal a day. I'm going to take advantage of every all-you-can-eat lunch special and every happy hour special within a two mile radius (I already paid the Renter for gas knowing full well my Jeep won't be leaving my garage).

Since I started this post on Thursday (now Saturday), I've diverted from the original plan. By Friday, only two days into the time off, I was beered out. I couldn't even think about beer till after 5:00. And even after that I only lasted five hours at a bar before needing a ride home. Not a good start to what should be a beer marathon session.

No comments: