Friday, November 19, 2010

Back Ache (With Illustraions!)

With the Packers bye week I had plenty of time to rake leaves on Sunday. Good thing as it was my last day to put the leaves on the curb and the sweepers came around 10:30 pm to take the leaves away.

Back to the Packer's bye week... I think I had three beers on Sunday, probably 20 under the normal consumption. So I hit the gym on Monday, something I normally don't do. I had a good chest workout, actually played with 265 on the bench for the first time in a while.

Tuesday I did the normal back exercises with the exception of the cable rows. Normally I do dumbbell rows with 90 lb weights but on Tuesday I didn't feel it, figured I'd do it all at once with the cable. As you can see in the first photo, that's like bending over, grabbing 180 lbs and pulling it up to your chest, multiple times.

Today, Thursday, the hardest move I did was the shoulder shrug. Normally I put 275 on the bar and with a little lift I'm off to the races with the shrugs for at least 20 reps, or as long as I can hold on to the bar. This didn't help the Tuesday soreness at all. And now that I'm 220 lb I've been wearing my belt tighter so my pants don't fall off. That might be affecting my back, too.

So a little advice, if you're not used to doing these exercises on a regular basis, I'd take it easy. Don't strain anything too much.

And if you whack off daily, somehow "forget" to do it for five days because your life got flipped upside down by an unforeseen occurrence, well, try to space those five times over at least two days. Spanked the wank three times today and, in my old age, that's all he was up to. Still a hero in my book.

No comments: