Friday, August 20, 2010

Sunday Fun Day

Sunday's lately have been a recipe for disaster. Our group of five or six has found a bar that serves free bacon from 11:00 am till 1:00 pm, as much as you want. I'm a huge bacon fan so I really don't mind being woken up to go there. But beer, at 11:00 am, when I probably had the last one at 1:00 am, well, it doesn't help the situation.

That's exactly what happened on Sunday. For some reason the staff there really like us (being the only ones in the bar) and seem to "take care" of us. They even warmed up to the Little Buddy down the street from me. We were buying buckets of Milw's Best with four beers for $6. Even got a round of four free. Needless to say I was rocked by 5:00. After that things get a little fuzzy. Apparently I filled up my cooler as if to go outside and instead took a two hour nap. (?) The Renter woke me up, "Wake up, everyone is on the deck." And by gollie everyone was on the deck, including the bartender from the bar. Puppy was sitting on his lap giving me the "you've been replaced" look.

Don't even know what time I went to bed.

The next day I felt like I went a couple rounds with Rocky Balboa. My arms, chest and back had sore spots like I rolled down a rocky hill. I could hardly get 135 off my chest when I was working out. I didn't fully recover till Wednesday.

But guess what I'm doing again this Sunday. You betcha.

No comments: