Monday, August 30, 2010

Gym, Bloating

I joined the local gym today after one and a half years being away. I was fine with working out at home but it seemed like evening activities would get in the way. Normally I'd get home at 5:30 and be done lifting weights at 6:30 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I know my intensity wasn't that great but I'd power through each workout as best I could. But then I thought about it over the weekend. I never left the office for lunch so I was losing an hour there. While I have all the equipment I need in my basement the gym is only $20 a month for Marquette alum. And my credit card statement end date was the 28th so I wouldn't have to pay the $120 for the fall semester until the middle of October. Sweet! (I literally get off on simple stuff like that!) So at 12:30 I walked over there and by 12:40 I was tossing weights around. I can't explain why but there's a big difference when you go from someone's basement to an actual gym, especially on the standard bench press. I was tossing 225 around like it was nothing. Anyway, I saw a couple friendly faces (although not the hot 40-year-old), cleaned up and left knowing I had made a good decision.

Back in the office I decided to try out the protein powder I bought off the Renter for a steal. Within an hour I was on the shitter making ungodly noises that I would have been super proud of except that two of my co-workers were in there at the same time. Just a little embarrassing. I had to wait till they left before I snuck out of there.

No comments: