Thursday, June 10, 2010

Just When You Think Everything's Peachy...

Life for B to the... was going just great for a number of months. Not that it's bad now, but there have been a couple speed bumps.

I was on track weight lifting wise. After getting the flu three times over the winter I was back in a groove and making progress. I was back to playing with the 90 lb dumbbells on a regular basis. And then...

Saturday night I didn't go to bed. I went to the bar for a little and returned home to watch movies out on the deck. A couple of my service industry friends came over at 2:00 am and before we knew it the sun was coming up. Pe-a-chy.

I only go shopping when I'm buzzed. Sunday morning, after staying up all night drinking, I was more than buzzed. The Renter drove a friend and I to Home Depot where I bought four new deck chairs, two end tables, a propane heater and a gazebo. A $300 10'x12' gazebo for the deck. Not sure what I was thinking.

Somehow we got everything home in one trip with the gazebo and heater on the Renter's roof and the chairs/end tables in the back. My friend somehow managed to wedge himself alongside the chairs in the back to where his legs were over the wheel wells and his head/torso around the second row windows. I don't know how he squeezed in there. I certainly wouldn't have fit. As it was I had my knees up to my chin in the front seat.

Once we got everything home we started to put the gazebo together. It was big. It was permanent. It took us four hours to put it up, all after having no sleep. And then, disaster.

The Renter wanted me to go downstairs for something. I made it down halfway. Then my foot slipped. I fell square on my back with all my weight. I layed (laid?) on the stairs for a good five minutes before I could move. My move was to lie face down on the basement floor for another five minutes. Today, Thursday, I'm still sore as hell. Guess it could have been worse though. I called the FA and made sure all my accounts have my sister as the beneficiary, scared me that much.

So there goes the workouts for the week. Instead of doing bench presses I did pushups. Back exercises were out of the question. 25 lb shoulder presses were as much as I wanted to test my back. Pretty much back to square one next week. Sucks vagina.

Monday I took the gazebo down myself and took it back to Home Depot. It was cool, especially in inclement weather, but it was too permanent and took too long to put up/take down. I took the propane heater back, too. The only reason I bought it was because my friend and I were looking at it, questioning how much it would cost and when we found out it was only $250 I tossed it on the cart. It looked cool, stood over seven feet tall, but I have the fire pit to warm things up. Another reason the gazebo had to go, couldn't use the fire pit with it on the deck.

Instead I picked up another two chairs and an end table. My corner bar was bought out and is closing in less than a week. I'm not going to say I have a lot of friends but I have a lot of acquaintances that stop over from time to time. With the bar closing, especially in the summer time, my house is going to be Ground Zero (no offense to people in NY). I don't invite people, they just know they're always welcome, especially when I house their beer for them. My fridge is stacked. So I needed a little extra seating outside. That fact hit me last Friday when people came over with wings, fries and onion wings and the guy who cooked everything ended up on a folding canvas chair. Now I'm set, seating for everyone.

But it still set me back $1,000. Sure, I can afford it, but after sending the FA (an undisclosed dollar amount) in April and one of my (another undisclosed dollar amount) credit card balance transfers promotional rate ending which I paid off I'm a little lighter in the pocket book than I'm comfortable with. I'll build it back up, especially with the bar being closed and buying 30-packs of Milwaukee's Best for $11 with coupons that I seem to get every time I go to the grocery store, but in the meantime I'm going to be cheaper than usual. I don't know if that's even possible.

Set back in workouts, set back in the pocket book, time to hanker down.

And then there's the mortgage. The statements I get always say add $45 if the payment is made after the 15th. I decided to take advantage of this. My next check is on 6/11 so I thought I could make the payment on the 11th without a penalty. Not the case. They charged me $3 for making the payment after the 1st. Last time that will happen. Fuckers. Bank of America, lick my ass. Put the terms on the statement, assholes. So now I'll essentially be making two payments this month, 10% over the actuall payment of course.

Life will go on. I'll live to whack off another day. My penis will be happy.

No comments: