Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Disrupting the Flow

On any given weekend, just sitting around watching TV, the Renter will jump up off the couch and run to the bathroom screaming, “I gotta go!” I find this mildly amusing and sometimes try to delay her by grabbing the back of her shirt or whatever. She waits till the last possible second and then makes a mad dash for the can.

The Renter also waits till the last minute getting out of bed in the morning. Normally I’ll get up, take the puppy around the block, play with her for a little bit and then hop in the shower. I usually put my clean underwear on the floor and whatever I’m wearing on the toilet. Lately I’ve noticed that when I get out of the shower my clothes are on the ground, meaning the Renter used the bathroom while I was taking a shower. This morning I threw her for a loop. I locked the door to the bathroom. Knowing how she is, getting up at the last minute and waiting till the last minute to use the bathroom, well, let’s just say that she probably wasn’t prepared for the door being locked. Mind you I was very considerate (besides the whole locking the door thing); all I did in the bathroom was take a shower and comb my hair. I was probably in there for all of two minutes. But I don’t think she was prepared to wait two minutes.

I didn’t hear the Renter use the toilet as I was getting dressed for work. That can only mean one thing…

The Renter peed in the basement drain.

I doubt she'll think I was in any way considerate.

No comments: