Monday, August 24, 2009

Four Days Off

This week I took Monday-Thursday off for the 3rd annual deck staining event. I know I could probably do it over a weekend but since I bought the house I've really only gone on one vacation so I have time off to take my time with the deck (and drink beer and watch baseball). I would have taken Friday off too but there's a meeting at work I have to attend. Most people like to spray the stain/sealer on but cheapo me likes to use a foam brush; less wasted stain that way. So it's going to take some time. Puppy will have highlights on her ears from sticking her head through the spindles. The thing that sucks more than the actual work is not being able to walk on it for a couple days once I do the bottom. I always save that for last. To all of you back at work looking at the calendar and seeing Friday all the way over at the right, well, I'm sorry. I've got 80 degree weather and three 30 packs of beer.

No comments: